Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set out our ground rules for all of your Driver Training.
These Terms and Conditions are an integral part of your tuition and will be issued to you on your first lesson.
It is your responsibility to attend all lessons with a valid provisional driving licence, if a lesson is attended without such a licence – the full lesson fee will be due. Your instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or cancel any lessons you have agreed to or booked, without liability, if you fail to provide them with the licence prior to, or at the start of your first lesson.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor. You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons. Lessons booked as part of a block booking (5, 10 or 20hrs) will be honoured at the discounted rate.
Lesson prices are shown on the driving school website; these may be varied at any time by the driving instructor. All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate.
The cost of block booked tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time that the booking is made and will be honoured for a period of 6 months from the date of booking. If you fail to use a minimum of 50% of your block booked tuition within the first 6 months of the booking date we reserve the right to increase the price of any unused tuition.
Payment: Lessons must be paid for in advance unless by prior arrangement and agreement with your instructor. Discounts are available for pre-paid lesson bookings. Please contact for details.
Pick Up Points: Your instructor will be pleased to start and finish your lesson from different pick up points – providing these are agreed at least one week in advance – and both are within the usual area of work for the instructor.
Cancellation Policy: Lessons can only be cancelled with 48hrs notice. Where a cancellation is received within this period the full cost of the lesson will be due unless the lesson is re-booked within 5 days.
Where repeated cancellations occur the instructor reserves the right to charge for cancelled lessons. Successful driving training depends on continuity of tuition – this policy is in place to maintain this progress. This policy may only be varied by your instructor.
Communication: All communication should be made by you via phone call, text or email. Therefore no changes to appointment will be accepted from a third party except in an emergency or by prior agreed written consent by pupil and instructor. Your instructor will provide you with their mobile number to contact them.
Re-arrangement Policy: Lessons cancelled but re-booked and taken within 5 days have no additional charge.
Bad Weather: Lessons will be taken as booked unless advised by the instructor in every circumstance. If weather is such that your instructor feels a lesson needs to be re-arranged they will be in contact you. If you have concerns – speak to your instructor. To ensure that communication channels are in place – please ensure your instructor has current contact information i.e. mobile and landline numbers.
Holidays and Availability: Your instructor will give you the maximum possible notice of holidays/days where they are unavailable, please ensure that you do likewise – to maintain progress. Please be sure to book your first lesson after your holiday/break in tuition, to retain your place in the diary – and to maintain progress.
Refund Policy: Refunds for lessons not taken will only be made in exceptional circumstances and entirely at the discretion of the instructor. Lessons already taken will not be refunded under any circumstances. Any refund of block purchases, hours taken will be charged at normal rate and balance refunded.
Health and Safety: Please ensure that you present yourself in suitable clothing – particularly practical shoes. It is also important to attend lessons with any appropriate glasses/lenses for reasons of road safety.
Medication – if you are taking any medication that may affect your ability to drive – please discuss this at the earliest opportunity with your instructor.
Be aware that where a pupil presents themselves for a lesson in a condition that the instructor believes to be unfit due to the effects of drink or drugs – the lesson will be aborted on the grounds of road safety – and the full lesson price will be due. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
There will be no smoking at any time during any lesson, if you wish to have a cigarette please advise the instructor and a suitable location will be found, this time will be deducted from your lesson.
Practical Tests – will only be booked with your instructor’s agreement. If a test is booked without the instructor’s agreement – there will be no assurance that their car will be available for test. Please consult with your instructor where any doubt exists. Be aware that the instructor can book your test at no additional charge and ensure that the test is booked at a time where their car is available.
Your Service Will Include:-
(1) Provide you with driving tuition at the agreed hourly rate
(2) Recommend what are, in their opinion, the most appropriate training methods and aids to help you study for your theory and hazard perception test
(3) Design a course of lessons to match your specific driving and learning needs from your first lesson through to your practical test
(4) Provide you with on-road lessons which will last for a duration previously agreed with your instructor and can be varied subject to instructors availability by giving at least one weeks notice
(5) Provide a presentable, modern, properly maintained and dual controlled car for each lesson
(6) Recommend, where appropriate, advanced courses to help you develop your skills for motorway driving/extreme weather driving conditions and Pass Plus
(7) Give relevant feedback during the lesson and debrief at the end
(8) Monitor your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book a mock practical test (if required) and apply for your practical test, and where required they will advise if it needs to be subsequently rescheduled
(9) Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car.
(10) Honour the full time booked for each lesson, especially if the instructor is delayed to unforeseen circumstances
(11) At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including i)being courteous and considerate to you ii) Avoiding physical contact except in an emergency iii) Not smoking during your lessons
(12) Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish early on grounds of road safety
(13) Not discriminate against you and will always abide by the law
(14) Endeavour to be on time at the agreed pick-up point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any circumstances beyond their control
(15) Endeavour to give you 48hrs notice should a lesson need to be rescheduled
(16) Respond professionally to any worries or issues that you may have and try to resolve them to your satisfaction
The driving instructor commits fulfil their responsibilities with regard to data protection. Any information and information provided will be treated as confidential and handled securely.
Mobile telephones will not be answered by pupil or instructor (except in an emergency) during the lesson. Please remember to switch off or place on silent your phone at the start of the lesson to prevent distraction